Wednesday, October 14, 2009

There is No Color in the Kingdom

In the clinic where I worked, we were 4 Syrian dentists, 1 Syrian OB-GYNE, and a "makulit" Pinoy dentist  with 5 "ultra makulit" Pinay nurses and 1 Egyptian black nurse. 6 Nurses for 6 doctors.

All of us Pinoys had the whole building to ourselves after office hours because our living quarters was just above the ground floor. We would have a lot of 'chikka' moments over dominos pizza and coke after work.

One thing I did notice was this. When a charcoal black arab would come in the clinic, you would see all the Pinoys staring at him. I am guilty of that as well. I just couldn't take my eyes off them. Whereas if I look at how my co doctors would see this "ebonies", not even a glance.

I realized then that we truly are a race of WHITE LOVERS. Deep inside all of us, we would all like to look as fair and as white as snow. Aminin mo!    

No comments:

Post a Comment